Keep up with activities at the Academies by subscribing to our free e-newsletters. To subscribe to a newsletter, click on the corresponding link below. Depending on the newsletter, you will either be taken to a sign-up form or a page instructing you on how to subscribe.
- What's New @ The National Academies ~ is a weekly e-newsletter with information about upcoming events and links to the latest news from the Academies.
- The National Academies In Focus ~ announces when a new issue of In Focus, a magazine featuring broad coverage of the activities and news of the Academies, is available online. Subscribers receive a message containing the full table of contents and a link to the latest issue.
- NAP Email Updates ~ provides alerts on new books from the National Academies Press related to subject areas you select.
- National Academies Keck Futures Initiative (NAKFI) ~ provides periodic updates on NAKFI. Launched in 2003, NAKFI has been catalyzing interdisciplinary research at the intersection of science, engineering, and medicine, and enhancing education among researchers, funding organizations, and universities.
- National Academies Gulf Program ~ sign up to receive e-updates about the National Academy of Sciences new program to advance understanding of health, environment, and oil system safety in the Gulf of Mexico and other outer continental shelf regions
National Academy of Sciences
National Academy of Engineering
- Cultural Programs ~ provides updates on exhibitions, concerts, and other cultural events at the National Academy of Sciences.
- Distinctive Voices ~ provides updates on public lecture series at the Beckman Center in Irvine, Calif., and the Jonsson Center in Woods Hole, Mass.
- Biographical Memoirs of the National Academy of Sciences ~ Sign up to receive a monthly e-mail with news about this memoir series, which gives you access to the personal and scholarly views of some of America's most distinguished scientists.
- Marian Koshland Science Museum ~ offers updates on the latest developments from the Marian Koshland Science Museum, including museum announcements, special events and programs, exhibit news, and more.
- PNAS eTOCs ~ provides table of contents or a notification of availability when new issues of Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences are published online.
- The Collider ~ a newsletter that explores the impact of cutting-edge science and technology in the entertainment industry.
Health and Medicine
- HMD News ~ announces new publications, upcoming events, and other online offerings of the Institute of Medicine.
Division of Behavioral and Social Sciences and Education
- DBASSE Update ~ offers updates about the latest reports, projects, events, and other news from the Division of Behavioral and Social Sciences and Education.
Division on Earth and Life Studies
Division on Engineering and Physical Sciences
- DEPS Newsletter ~ announces new publications, upcoming events, and other online offerings from the Division of Engineering and Physical Sciences.
- Space Studies Board Newsletter ~ is a quarterly newsletter that provides information on board's current and future studies on astrophysics, heliophysics, earth science, solar system exploration, and microgravity life and physical sciences, and related issues.
- Board on Physics and Astronomy Newsletter
Division on Policy and Global Affairs
- Board on International Scientific Organizations
The mission of the Board on International Scientific Organizations (BISO) is to strengthen U.S. participation in international scientific organizations and to help build the capacity of these organizations. BISO NEWS is a bi-annual update on BISO activities and the U.S. National Committees to the International Council for Science.
- Christine Mirzayan Science & Technology Policy Graduate Fellowship Program
Subscribe to be notified about events surrounding the fellowship program.
- Board on Higher Education and Workforce
Receive occasional news updates on upcoming events, publications, and projects.
- Board on Research Data and Information
Offers bi-annual news about upcoming events, publications, and news from the BRDI. BRDI addresses emerging issues in the stewardship, policy, and use of research data and information at the national and international levels and encourages collaboration across disciplines, sectors, and nations.
- Board on Science, Technology, and Economic Policy
Get information, on a monthly basis, of up-coming events, publications, and news from the projects of the Board on Science Technology, and Economic Policy
- Committee on Science, Technology, and Law
Subscribe to the CSTL Chronicle and receive information on the activities, projects, and people of the National Academy of Sciences' Committee on Science, Technology, and Law.
- Committee on Women in Academic Science, Engineering, and Medicine
Receive occasional email alerts about CWSEM news and upcoming events.
- Ford Foundation Fellowship Programs
Sign up to receive program announcements and other news from Ford Foundation Fellowship Programs.
- Government-University-Industry Research Roundtable
Subscribe to receive information on GUIRR activities, projects, and events.
- Jefferson Science Fellowship Program Sign up to receive program announcements and other news from the Jefferson Science Fellowship Program.
- Partnerships for Enhanced Engagement in Research
Sign up to receive news from the PEER program. Your information will not be used in any other manner or shared with an external entity.
- Research Associateship Programs
The NRC Research Associateship Program Newsletter is printed quarterly to highlight research and activities of NRC Associates and Advisers who participate in the programs in our many agencies and laboratories.
- Resilient America Roundtable
Subscribe to receive information about our activities, projects, and events.
- Science and Technology for Sustainability Roundtable
Get information, on a monthly basis, of up-coming events, publications, and news about sustainability activities, both in the STS program and throughout the other boards and committees of the Academies.
Transportation Research Board